Monday, August 31, 2009

Destinations.....

Whenever things in life are stressful I want to escape somewhere. My next trip was suppose to be U2 related but dates for the third leg of the tour probably wont be released until sometime next year. I don't know if I can wait that long, argh! I wanna go somewhere, NOW.

This is a list of places I want to go:

Tokyo, Japan - Last time I was in Tokyo was when I was 13. It was a 2 day trip on our way to the US. I have vague memories of the Imperial Palace and other Tokyo sites. I remember buying japanese slippers and the biggest apple I've ever seen. Back then my only interest was Hello Kitty. I always love anything cute so I think Tokyo would be perfect for my cuteness overload. Kyoto and Hiroshima would be nice side trips.

London, England- Last time I was in London was in 1997 for work. Recently I've been thinking of London again. I want to go to the Tower of London maybe because of all the Henry the 8th books and movies I've been reading and watching lately. Visit the London Eye and the British Museum. Another thing, there is a Laduree cafe in London, not to mention Orla Kiely.

Egypt - Pyramids, pyramids, pyramids. But I would only go on a tour. I've heard of not so good stories about Egypt from people who went there independently. Too many touts that won't take no for an answer.

Rio, Brazil - Hopefully U2 performs in Rio rather than Sao Paulo. Love to see the Christ the Redemeer, Sugar Loaf and the beach. Oh not to mention the food:)

Greece- I should have gone in 2007 but changed the plans. I'd like to go to Athens, Mykonos, Santorini and take a cruise.

New Zealand - Explore Auckland and Christchurch. Go on a Lord of the Rings Tour and soak up on the countries beauty.

Rome, Italy - It's been a while since my last visit to Roma. It was 2000 and it was a holy year. Gelato 2000 here I come!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands - It must have been more than 10 years since I last was in Amsterdam. I'd go back to Anne Franks House and go to the tulip farm.

Manila, Philippines - It would be nice to visit again and go to Palawan or maybe even Boracay again.

No comments: