Sunday, August 23, 2009

Time flew by.....

I suck at updating this blog. I will try to be more up to date. So much has happened since 2007 I will just highlight the major ones:

I got laid off in October 2007. It was not a surprise if you read my previous post. I was given 3 months notice which was nice, I was able to settle my finances and other personal stuff. I was given 6 months severance, which was expected. My co-workers throw a swanky going away party for me with matching going away present.

I went to China in January/February 2008. Joined Friendly Planet's A TASTE OF CHINA tour, for $999 plus $120 in taxes. The trip took us from Beijing, Xian and Shanghai. I absolutely loved it. Seeing the Great Wall was one of my travel dream. The Terracotta soldiers were impressive and I marveled at the modern high rises of Shanghai. I would go again in a heartbeat. China hosted the Olympic Games in August and wowed the world with the best opening ceremonies ever.

I was unemployed for 1 year, well technically 10 months since I did have a temp job at Disney for two months. In October 2008 I got a full time job. It's in the entertainment business and can you believe only 2 blocks away from where I live. I work weekends though which is actually not bad since it's so quiet.

My regret was that I should have travelled more while I was idle. Now that I'm back to basic vacation allotment at work, I'm saving every precious day for my next trip (wherever that may be).

I was obsessed with the US elections and was so proud that the country elected Barack Obama. I never contributed to a presidential campaign before but felt compelled to donate. After 8 years of Dubya, and a recession we needed change.

In June I went to Paris/Lourdes. I needed the break from work and it had been 2 years since I was in Paris (to me that's an eternity). The trip was good except for the accident my sister had in the Paris Metro. She fell down the stairs and hit her head on the railing. Both her legs were so badly bruised. She had a bump on her shin bone the size of a large mango. It was a first for us to visit the ER abroad. They really didn't care about insurance, they just made her pay 44 Euros which her insurance company reinbursed. Now why can't we do that here?

No comments: